i have finally finished my piece that i started in rosalie dace's class on trees last year. she is a marvelous instructor. she inspires without dictating. she helped me immensely in finding a voice for this work. i have to add that without taking jude's classes this wouldn't be the piece that it is... i have used much more hand work than i was originally inspired to do. if i had finished this in a more timely manor, it wouldn't have bee n the same piece. but it is done now and i am very pleased with it. i am titling it "synergy". i hope to do a series based on the inspirations for this piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
finished. what a word.
having known this cloth since
it's very beginning, i look at it
almost as if it is part of my
life these months. knowing
your thought Full ness over the
time makes it that much more
wonderful. i love all the ways you have found and chosen to express the mystery of roots. and still, find it so wonderful because the work was stated as
Trees.
this is just such a VISUAL of
rootedness. i will come back
tomorrow.
love to you and happiness with your
finishing.......
It's wonderful...the details...such ambitious complexity!
Oh my! The cloth is beautiful! I love the fabrics chosen and the stitching is wonderful. I have always wanted to learn from Rosalie Dace. Her work is amazing. It appears your have picked up on her touch as your cloth is fantastic.
This is fantastic. May we all know such beautiful roots!
Beautiful!
thanks everyone. this piece has been a long time coming. i have learned that there is a benefit to letting things develope slowly. i think this is a much richer piece than it would have been if i had done it all at once. i was a different person at the end of it than i was at the beginning due to life lived in the interim. when you work from the heart you put yourself into your work so how could it not be true that the piece will evolve with you?
i just love those roots, and the fabric they are on, and the stitching, and the.....all! congratulations.
Yes your work is so much a part of you. ANd it is so beautiful. I love this. I so resonate with your work because I love trees and roots and rocks. THere is that one piece of green and brown. I would love to know what that is. IT's stunningly beautiful and I can't stop looking at that part!!! This is wonderful!!
Post a Comment