a circle weaving with little slivers from another project... they were really too pretty to throw out. thought i could do something with them but what? well..this was the perfect thing.
then i did this other one to sort of commemorate our forgotten (not really) 7th anniversary! it has a shirt from each of us and my wedding jacket fabric. the green isn't as dull as it looks...its getting dark earlier these day now that the equinox is here...
7 comments:
Circle weaving, the little fringes of the cloth, tendrils and stamens for the flowers in the print. Wonderful to see this. And then the sweet personal weave of a marriage, clearly defined, the bits of green, growing a life, together; honoring togetherness,
You have some wonderful things happening here! I really like your spiral.
you know i love your pieces. i'm having so much fun with these weavings. so many ideas spinning around in my brain. thanks for visiting my blog. i always enjoy visiting yours.
These pieces do such interesting things with line and form. I think it's lovely that you commemorated the not-quite-forgotten anniversary. I have always had a difficult time discarding even tiny scraps of fabric - especially if they are beautiful and have a special meaning for me. Now of course I feel vindicated and also resourceful!
thanks all for the comments... its nice to get feedback. i am really enjoying this class. there are sooo many talented people and so many different approaches to the same lesson. very inspiring.
i have that small piece, scrap,
fragment of your
wedding apparel
here.
now and then, i look at it
wondering what will become of it
some
day
i like these. i like the swirl
best
it spins my mind
aerates my thoughts
Hi Nan - I love the contrast between these two. The first one takes me to the whirly things on sticks at agricultural shows. Places of fun, light and liminality. And I think it is a swell idea to commemorate your anniversary this way with the second piece. You have a fortunate partner. It is always such a pleasure to visit you. Gilly
Post a Comment