judes class has been so engrossing that i forgot my anniversary was today! well... other things too like canning 30 jars of relish and 14 jars of plum ginger jam and pesto and vegetable stock to freeze. anyway... i did some random weavings just for the heck of it... i don't have any project in mind ... its just fun to do and the more you do the more fun it is. ... but wait til i tell you what i'm doing next! these are from hand dyed both natural and procion, silk and african hand dye. the burgundy and green one has my wedding jacket fabric in it as well as the colors of the wedding so there was something in the collective consciousness telling me that something was up! well... i'm off now. hubby and i are going out to celebrate! 7 years of wedded bliss! we are both so lucky to have found each other but thats another story...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You have such amazing color sense Nance. There is a richness in your first weave. Your 2nd weave tells me 2 stories: the first, of land, sky and forest glen. The 2nd, waves, tide pools and seaweed. One piece of cloth, an entire world...
I love these. Sheesh now there is one more thing I'll just have to try. Love all the weaving. I'd had a hankering to do some pin weaving for a while now. I love the prints that are some of the green and blue weaving that you have posted ... stunning!!!
marti... the green and blue telling two stories at once would be from your perspective being in tenn. here in the pacific nw they are one and the same!
and dreamer... the prints... one is a batik and the other is hand dyed in africa by some wheelchair bound dyers who dye on the grass...they sometimes get out of their chairs and onto the ground and paint the fabric. pretty amazing... i over dyed this piece...the brighter green one. the same group did the only printed on in the first piece. jude's class is pretty amazing!
colour
yes
before all is said and done, i
want you to weave a plain muslin
piece, or tea dyed muslin. tea
dyed, maybe.
it's a whole other trip in
itself
yes mam! i will... i love the all natural too... i just got carried away with color for the moment.
oh wha...what i meant/mean is:
when you weave and then invisible
baste something very plain, it
is the most truly wonderful
meditative/mesmerizing experience.
it's not something to explain with
words, but to be experienced.
the cloth is so
soft
and melds together into one so
tenderly
with no distraction of color or
pattern. i just wanted you to
experience this because i love you.
and i too love you ... i know what you want me to do and why and that is why i love you... one of the reasons.
Now that I don't have to feel guilt about my huge honkin' quilt project anymore, I have felt badly that there are a handful of C2C posts that I didn't comment on but "things" keep happening plus people keep posting over there so I never seem to get backtracked far enough to rectify things.
I couldn't believe everything you did on that anniversary day! These two weavings are lovely to me and I really love what your explained about the African dyers. That's a pretty amazing collective from the sound of it!
oh... i didn't do it all one the same day... the two random weavings were done on the day before... just didn't get around to posting them in time. thats why i had two posts on the same day... bad me. but there really is a lot going on over there. imagine if all 70+ were posting?
Post a Comment